Laptop is essential, just like smartphone. However it’s a lot of confusion what to buy and where to buy.
We at AYVOTech, would just help you in deciding that.
As a beginner or say for first time laptop of in-fact computer user, one should
- only buy with pre-loaded genuine microsoft windows operating system.
- opt for trusted brands, specially the ones which have local service center in your city.
- better buy offline, as you would be able to get some free utility software from the vendor.
- get the screen laminated
- lamination of whole laptop is only suggested if you feel that you are going to use in rough areas and dusty environment.
You should also understand that you may buy any brand or budget laptop it will be obsolete in 24 months or max 30 months. This does not mean that you won’t be able to use it but you will find it slow as per new software utilities available. Last but the least, the laptop’s primary feature i.e. battery backup will require fresh battery brick after 24 months if used extensively and not following proper recharging regime.
Before we proceed further we would address why should one buy a laptop,
- if you are going to use it on the go.
- if you need battery power backup for the computing.
- if no proper desk or room available at your place.
- if you are going it double it for home and professional use.
- if you are planing to upgrade from your desktop computer.
Next we shall classify the usage requirements,
Primary Usage of Laptop
- just daily use for surfing, emailing and documents
- just for daily entertainment source to play videos
- just for basic gaming
- just for e-book reading
- just for video chatting
Specific usage like (in addition to above)
- Basic designing using photoshop, phot editors
- Medium level Games
- Programming for Web (php, python etc)
- Professional designing using Photoshop, Corel Draw etc
- Video Editing
- Audio Editing
- Advanced Android Programming
- Windows based software development
Hardcore – extreme professional usage
- High End graphics designing
- Architectural Designing
- Heavy and Long Video Editing
- High-end Gaming
- Gaming Development
You may find it awkward but for Primary and Hardcore type usage conventional laptop is not recommended.
For Primary use, you should buy Tablet (Android or Windows or iOS), or 2-in-1 convertible.
Similarly, for Hardcore professional usage also, you should prefer desktop.
For Level 2, Specific usage like (in addition to primary), entry level laptop with
- 14″ or 15″ display
- 4 GB RAM
- 500 GB HDD
- Intel based Quad Core or i3 processor (latest or one previous generation)
For Level 3, professional usage, you should opt for
- 15″ display
- 8 GB RAM
- 1 TB HDD
- Intel based i5 or i7 processor (as per budget)
- Graphics card dedicated (1 or 2 GB, again as per budget)
For level 4 i.e. hard core professional usage, there are a few specific gaming laptops available.